BETWEEN TWO WORLDS – Who we are and how we can help you?
Between Two Worlds (BTW), Entre deux Mondes, Entre dos Mundos (EDM), is a multilingual consulting company, who works in the fields of organizational development and humanitarian international work, established in Canada since 2004.
CONTACT US AT:
We resolve your needs in:
- Strategic Planning
- Needs Assessment
- Proposal Writing
- Project Implementation and Management (Tools and Strategies)
- Risk Reduction Analysis
- Evaluation of Projects and Programs
- Gender issues in Organizational and International Settings
- Coaching and Counselling for Intercultural Working and Client Relations.
- Team Building
- Networking and Marketing Aspects of Projects
- Organize Presentations about Projects and/or Organizations
- Organization of Events and Conferences
- Coaching and Counselling for Immigrant Parents (Workshops and Individual)
What are the key benefits of our products/services?
- Capacity to work in three languages: English, French and Spanish.
- Multilingual team with advanced level of training.
- Intercultural work and living experience.
- Solid multidisciplinary team.
- Recorded experience in the field of international development, community health and anthropology, project management, gender and development, intercultural education, translation and document editing and producing.
- Government and private experience.
- Project marketing experience.
- IT services in Social Media, Microsoft Software and Web Design.
Our Company Advantage:
- Proved Experience
- Multiculturalism and Multilingual
BTW count on a select data bank of professionals, among them, specialist in: proposal elaboration, needs assessment, project and program management, project evaluation, adult education and training, public health, gender-based analysis, social researchers, journalism, edition, senior translation, ITI specialists, social marketing, administration of non-for-profit organizations, emergency monitoring, risk assessment, strategic planning, and others.
SUMMARY OF BTW DIRECTOR
BETWEEN TWO WORLDS – ELENA ALVARADO
MSc. Community Health & Medical Anthropology, Lic. & BSc. in Psychology.
Multilingual professional, qualified in the areas of Social Development, Project Management and Community Health. Maintains continuous training in: Gender issues, Human Rights, Social Economy, Project Management.
Specialized in proposal writing, project and program management, strategic planning, community health and international development.
Was SUCO Representative and Program Director in Peru and Senior Program Officer for Haiti for WUSC. She was consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank, working with peasant and native communities in Peru.
Continues supporting Peruvian women groups like Awajun and Cocamacocamilla communities in the Amazonian forest and women in the mining region, to preserve their health and their environment.
In Canada, she acts as consultant-researcher in prevention of intercultural gender violence, immigrant health and social determinants of health as well as project management and proposal development. She published several articles and reports.
In October 2000, she represented women groups in Peru, at the Millennium Development Goals Summit at United Nations in New York, where community leaders from all over the world, set priorities for human, specifically women, development until 2015. In 2009, she was in Thailand, at Chulalongkhorn University for the same reasons.
Aside from her regular work, she expresses social and community commitment with voluntary work in associations/organizations : Board of Network of Latin American Women Entrepreneurs of Ottawa-Gatineau-RED MELOG (2014-2016); Board of Centre-Pointe Community Association (2013); Board of Peru-Danza, cultural organization in Ottawa-Gatineau (2012-2013); Board of Latin-American Women Support Organization Ottawa-Gatineau-LAZO (2010-2012); Vice President of the Board of SUCO (2002-2004); Founder member of the International Group of Social Economy (1997); Founder member of the Intercontinental Women and Economy Network (1995); Founder member of Group Gender and Economy, in Peru (1993).
CONTACT US AT: